Recognition of Foreign Higher Education Documents for the Purpose of Further Education
Evaluation of a foreign study programme is a procedure of assessing the type and level of knowledge acquired and skills achieved in a study program or in a part of a study program organized by a foreign higher education institution.
Recognition of foreign higher education documents for the purpose of further education is a procedure which grants the document holder the right to continue education at the University of Arts in Belgrade.
The procedure of recognition for the purpose of further education entails the evaluation of a foreign study programme or its part and establishes the candidate’s right to continue the enrolled course or enroll a certain study programme.
Candidates submit the application documents to the Rectorate of the University of Arts (Kosančićev venac 29, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia) every working day, from 10 to 15h.
Candidates are obliged to submit the request, which shall be accompanied by:
1. two certified copies of diploma and diploma supplement;
2. two certified copies of the diploma and diploma supplement translated in Serbian language by the sworn translator;
3. two certified copies of the transcript of courses in the original language (if the candidate is applying with the purpose of enrolment at the same level of studies);
4. two certified copies of the aforementioned transcript of courses, translated in Serbian language by the sworn translator;
5. payment proof for the procedure expenses – amount of 100€;
6. two certified copies of a decision by the authorized body on name and/or surname change for persons who have changed their name and/or surname.
Candidate who is requesting the recognition of the foreign higher education document procedure for the purpose of further education on the doctoral level needs to provide also:
1. two certified copies of diploma and diploma supplement/transcript of courses with the average mark from the Undergraduate studies;
2. two certified copies of diploma and diploma supplement/transcript of courses with the average mark translated in Serbian language by the sworn translator.
If at the moment of starting the recognition procedure the diploma of the candidate is not issued, he or she needs to submit certificate or other relevent document that proofs sucsesfull graduation from the higher education studying program, which is of a temporary value. Candidate is obliged to submit two certified copies of diploma and diploma original within the period of one year.
In exceptional cases, the documentation will be accepted in English language, but the candidate will be asked to submit Serbian translation for the inscription process, or the latest by the beginning of the academic year
During the procedure, a candidate may also be asked to submit other documents relevant for document recognition. Information deemed relevant is also that seen on the official Internet site of the higher education institution which issued the document in question. At a candidate’s request, if the submitted documentation is complete, the University issues the confirmation of the initiated procedure of recognition of the higher education document for the purpose of further education.